All of the massage therapists at Elite Sport Performance are registered and experienced in treating a variety of ailments from sports related and overuse injuries, to MVA cases, to treating the tightness that comes with spending hours a day seated at a desk. We like to impart on our patients the fact that MAINTENANCE is key when it comes to massage therapy! We suggest regularly scheduled treatments (every 2-6 weeks, depending on each individual).
The potential benefits of massage can include but are not limited to:
- Increased range of motion by adding motion into the treatment itself
- Increases or maintains flexibility
- Massage allows functional healing of your muscles and improves recovery
- Increases circulation
- Decreases spasms and muscle fatigue
- Allows for maximization of training
- Prevents injury by relieving hypertension in muscles and tendons and in turn reducing excess strain on joints
- Decreases scar tissue and adhesion
- Improves muscle and bodily awareness (proprioception)
We always offer the tailoring/personalization of the treatment on a patient by patient basis.
Our therapists may employ any one of many techniques in the treatment of a patient. These may include, but are not limited to: