All of the massage therapists at Elite Sport Performance are registered and experienced in treating a variety of ailments from sports related and overuse injuries, to MVA cases, to treating the tightness that comes with spending hours a day seated at a desk – see more about occupational risk factors and symptoms (Infographic). We like to impart on our patients the fact that MAINTENANCE is key when it comes to massage therapy! We suggest regularly scheduled treatments (every 2-6 weeks, depending on each individual).
The potential benefits of massage can include but are not limited to:
- Increased range of motion by adding motion into the treatment itself
- Increases or maintains flexibility
- Massage allows functional healing of your muscles and improves recovery
- Increases circulation
- Decreases spasms and muscle fatigue
- Allows for maximization of training
- Prevents injury by relieving hypertension in muscles and tendons and in turn reducing excess strain on joints
- Decreases scar tissue and adhesion
- Improves muscle and bodily awareness (proprioception)
We always offer the tailoring/personalization of the treatment on a patient by patient basis.
Our therapists may employ any one of many techniques in the treatment of a patient. These may include, but are not limited to: